Become A Member of
The Clean Commission
And Help Keep Putnam County Beautiful!
Our accomplishments so far this year include:
1) Successfully held our annual #PutnamProud County Wide Clean Up, in which we worked with 20 volunteer groups, totalling 231 volunteers completing 377 hours of service, to remove litter from Cookeville, Algood, Monterey and Baxter.
2) Supported the recovery and debris removal process of the March 3rd tornado by organizing and supporting volunteer teams within the impacted areas.
3) Maintained cleanliness and improved the beautification of the E. Stevens St/Lowe Ave recycling center through our Adopt-A-Center program. This recycling center was adopted by the Vol State Green Team and the Cookeville Sunset Rotary Club, with the beautification of the recycling bins being completed by the Art Jam.
4) Received a cigarette litter grant through Keep America Beautiful and Terracycle, in which we were able to supply businesses in the West Side entertainment area of Cookeville with free receptacles for cigarette butts in order to reduce the amount of cigarette litter in the area, as cigarette litter is the #1 most littered object in the world. The Clean Commission provides these businesses with bi-weekly clean-outs of these receptacles, which are sent to Terracycle for full recycling. Learn more here: https://www.terracycle.com/en-US/brigades/cigarette-waste-recycling
5) Organized and held our annual Garden Tour, implementing social distancing measures, with the help of 4 local gardeners, which was attended by 88 participants.
6) Continued working with and supporting our Adopt-A-Road groups, whom adopt county roads and maintain their litter-free status multiple times throughout the year.
As a volunteer based non-profit, the Clean Commission generates operating revenue through grant opportunities through The City of Cookeville, The Putnam County Government, Keep Tennessee Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful, as well as through fundraising with local businesses, organizations and individuals within our community who support our mission to reduce litter throughout our county and to Keep Putnam County Beautiful. As individuals in our community, we hope that you will join us in our mission to Keep Putnam County Beautiful by becoming a member of the Clean Commission in 2021 by making a donation to help support our cause. Our goal for our annual membership drive is to raise $10,000 dollars, which will support our volunteers and organization to continue to make a positive impact in our county.
We thank you all for taking the time to help support the Clean Commission and its volunteers in 2021, and we look forward to continuing making a positive impact for all of us in Putnam County. If you don't mind, please help spread the word about the Clean Commission to your friends and family so that we can, together, help Keep Putnam County Beautiful.